1. The Company will not use the personal information of our Customers, Etc. for any purpose other than those listed below:
(1) notifying Customers, Etc. periodical inspection and automobile safety inspection, etc. by means of mailing, telephone communication, e-mail communication, etc. and conducting maintenance, safety inspections, customization etc. as requested;
(2) notifying the Customers, Etc. product quality management and filing of recalls, etc.;
(3) notifying Customers, Etc. our products, services, events and sales campaigns, etc. by means of mailing, telephone communication, e-mail communication, etc.;
(4) as an insurance agency, using personal information to the extent necessary to perform the duty of providing property damage insurance, life insurance and ancillary services of each insurance company.
(5) implementing questionnaires to the Customers, Etc. by means of mailing, telephone communication, e-mail communication, etc. for product development and evaluation of customer satisfaction improvement measures;
(6) credit decisions and credit management;
(7) upon applying for an automobile lease for our trucks, providing the following personal information necessary for the automobile lease of the Customers, Etc. to service providing companies, including leasing companies the Customers, Etc. request.:
[personal information to be provided:]
address, name, date of birth, telephone number, facsimile number, e-mail address, credit information and information concerning our transactions with the customer
2. Sharing of Personal Information
(1) In the course of our truck manufacturing and sales business, etc., the Company will share the following personal information of the Customers, Etc. among the companies which consist the group of companies for the following purposes:
(i) Management of transactions between the group company and the customer;
(ii) Management of payments by the group company to the business partners; and,
(iii) Management of payments by the customers to the group company.
[Information to be Shared:]
address, name, telephone number, facsimile number, e-mail address, bank account number and other bank account information
(2) The Company will share the following personal information of the Customers, Etc. among the dealers of the Company and the Company’s private dealers for the purposes stated in Paragraph 1, items (1) to (7).
[Information to be Shared:]
(i) Information obtained through the telecommunication measurement equipment installed in our vehicles, such as fuel efficiency information, distance driven, driving conditions, vehicle conditions, vehicle location information; and,
(ii) Information such as vehicle registration number, registered information of owners etc., addresses of owners , maintenance records etc., and base address of users which the Company and the Company’s private dealers are in possession of.
(3) The Company will not provide any personal information of the Customers, Etc. to any other companies or third parties without due cause, except to the third parties listed in Paragraph 1, Item (7) above and the shared users of the personal information as listed in Paragraph 2, Item (1) and (2) above. Provided, however that if a customer or a guarantor of the customer falls under any one of the following items, then the personal information of the customer may be shared with member companies of Automobile Dealers Association to which the Company belongs to as reference for credit decisions and transactions after execution of contract:
(i) if the note or check issued or drawn by the customer for the Company is declared dishonoured, or the customer is declared suspension of payment in general;
(ii) if the customer requests the Company to extend the due date of any payments to the Company and the Company accepted the request;
(iii) if, in the course of an individual transaction with the Company, the customer delays payment to the Company due to reasons for which the customer is held responsible; or,
(iv) if the customer files for bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization or special liquidation procedures, or if the competent authority revokes the business license of the customer.
[Information to be Shared:]
address, name, date of birth, telephone number, facsimile number, e-mail address, employer, date of execution of the relevant contract, product name, contract amount, number of installment payments, remaining balance of the contract amount, monthly payment status, etc.
3. The Company will be the manager of the shared use of the personal information of the Customers, Etc.
4. If the Customers, Etc. requests to verify, revise, etc. its own personal information, the Company will disclose such personal information to the customer by asking the customer to submit a writing designated by the Company. Please contact the Customer Information Desk of the Company or your nearby business location of the Company as to how you can access the Written Request for Disclosure and other written form designated by the Company. Upon your request for disclosure, please have a driver’s license or other identification information ready, with which the Company can confirm your identity. Please note that the Company requests you to pay us a service fee per single item of personal information to be disclosed.
5. Contact Information regarding Handling of Personal Information by the Company: UD Trucks Contact Desk (Info.email@example.com)
6. The Company will comply with the statutes and other rules and regulations of Japan in relation to handling of personal information of the Customers, Etc.
7. The Company will take appropriate safety measures and other efforts to avoid leakage, falsification, loss, etc. of personal information of the Customers, Etc.
8. The Company will implement periodical inspection with respect to handling of personal information of the Customers, Etc. and provide its best effort for continued improvement of personal information handling.
Revised July 05, 2021
UD Trucks Corporation