During the COVID-19 lockdown in Southern Africa, some non-essential fleets had to stop operations. It is of vital importance to do some basic maintenance on these stationary vehicles and have them ready to go once the restrictions are lifted.
Basic maintenance of stationary vehicles:
- Check engine and coolant level before starting
- Start the engine every 3 to 4 days
- Warm up the engine at low idling mode for at least 30 min
- Keep the air-conditioning on while idling
- Cover the exhaust tail pipe for trucks with vertical silencers
- Check battery acid level once a month and add water if required to the specified level
- Periodically check tyre pressure
- Keep battery and wiper blades disconnected during the stopped period
Let’s keep our fleets fighting fit!