On July 11, UD Trucks will host a seminar to explore how connectivity is transforming logistics and the role of connected trucks in making logistics smarter.
Connectivity is one of the key technology areas for UD Trucks and our trucks make up part of almost 1,000,000 connected vehicles for the Volvo Group as a whole. Connectivity leverages vehicle data to increase uptime and fuel efficiency. It also makes our roads safer, and is a key enabler for automation and electromobility.
Representatives from UD Trucks, including Satish Rajkumar (SVP, Digital Solutions and IT), will join Takehiro Nakamura (NTT DoCoMo SVP, General Manager of 5G Laboratories), and Kazuo Shimizu (Automotive Journalist and member of Japan’s Cross-ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program) to discuss the challenges facing the logistics industry and how connected solutions through partnerships and open innovation can improve uptime, productivity and safety for all stakeholders.
The event will held at NTT DoCoMo headquarters in Tokyo, and broadcast at https://rev-m.com/webinar-udtrucks-en/.
Title: How connectivity is transforming logistics
- Connected trucks usher in a new era of smart logistics
Date/Time: Thursday July 11, 2019. 13:15-14:45
|13:15-14:45||Connectivity Seminar (Webinar Broadcast)||Presentations (35 min)
- Welcome and introduction (UD Trucks Digital Solutions and IT SVP, Satish Rajkumar)
- Connectivity in Society 5.0 and government role (Automotive Journalist and member of Japan’s Cross-ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program, Kazuo Shimizu)
- Connectivity in logistics and society (Satish Rajkumar)
- Connectivity in the Volvo Group (UD Trucks Connected Solutions Director, Chandrika Shetty)
- UD connectivity solutions (UD Trucks Connected Solutions Business Analyst, Koichi Mori)
- 5G and open innovation for smarter logistics (NTT DoCoMo SVP, General Manager of 5G Laboratories, Takehiro Nakamura)
| Panel Discussion (25 min)
- How connectivity makes logistics and society smarter (tentative)
QA Session and Closing (30 min)
For media enquiries, please contact:
UD Trucks is a leading Japanese commercial vehicle solutions provider, active in more than 60 countries on all continents. Since its inception in 1935, the company has been an innovation leader with a clear vision to provide the trucks and services the world needs today.
The company is committed to go the extra mile for smart logistics with the most dependable solutions for demanding customers. To best support across applications and geographies, UD Trucks offers a full range of heavy duty trucks - Quon and Quester, medium duty trucks - Condor and Croner, and light duty trucks - Kazet and Kuzer, as well as associated operational and financial services.
UD Trucks is a proud member of the Volvo Group, which in 2018 had net sales of 391 BSEK and 105,000 employees globally.