UD Trucks is working to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus and secure the health and safety of its employees and all stakeholders, in line with government policies and action plans.
The company is implementing the following measures to ensure the safe and smooth continuation of business operations.
- Measures to secure safe working environments
1) Expanding flextime work schedules
2) Strongly encouraging administrative staff at the headquarters to work from home*
3) Suspending the limit on the number of days employees can work from home
- Meetings and gatherings
1) Refraining from face-to-face meetings and prioritizing online meetings (should face-to-face meetings be required, they shall be conducted in a large space with personal sanitization encouraged before and after the meeting)
2) Postponing large gatherings and events until further notice
3) Prohibiting international business trips
4) Restricting domestic business trips to business critical only
5) Refraining from face-to-face meetings with external stakeholders, conducting online meetings instead
6) Screening and restricting entry of visitors to sites who have a fever or travel history to high-risk countries in the past 14 days
- Other measures for employees
1) Staggering use of cafeterias to limit congestion
2) Increasing shuttle buses connecting nearby train stations and sites to limit congestion
3) Increasing the distribution of sanitizers
4) Encouraging frequent hand washing
5) Suspending of the use of hand dryers
6) Staying at home if running a fever of 37.3 or over
7) Reporting to company management anyone in the household that has contracted COVID-19
Taking advantage of the digital tools that enable workstyle reform, our administrative staff can effectively work from home in order to maintain the expected level of customer service and business communication while reducing the risk of infection among employees.
UD Trucks will continue to give the highest priority to measures that prevent the infection of the coronavirus to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and all stakeholders.
*Pending approval from divisional management in some cases.
For media enquiries, please contact:
UD Trucks is a leading Japanese commercial vehicle solutions provider, active in more than 60 countries on all continents. Since its inception in 1935, the company has been an innovation leader with a clear vision to provide the trucks and services the world needs today. The company is committed to go the extra mile for smart logistics with the most dependable solutions for demanding customers. To best support across applications and geographies, UD Trucks offers a full range of heavy-duty trucks - Quon and Quester, medium duty trucks - Condor and Croner, and light duty trucks - Kazet and Kuzer, as well as associated operational and financial services.
UD Trucks is a proud member of the Volvo Group, which in 2019 had net sales of 432 BSEK and over 100,000 employees globally.