A fast responding automated manual transmission that has built-in intelligence.
Quickly and automatically choosing the right gear at all times.
How does it work?• ESCOT-E automated manual transmission features a non-synchromesh manual gearbox that has an electronically regulated pneumatic gear changing system and an automatic clutch.
How does it improve fuel efficiency?
Internal energy losses are lower than on manual gearboxes. However it’s the electronics that make the difference. When driving in ECO mode, every gear change is timed precisely, to let the engine work at its most efficient rpm range.
ESCOT & New Quester GH11E engine - a winning formula for increased fuel efficiency.
Engines deliver high torque and pulling power at low RPMs, while flat torque curve minimizes need for gear changing. Meaning higher average speeds and lower fuel consumption in the long run.
1. 8-liter diesel engine
2. Low operating cost via reduced maintenance and long service intervals
3. Turbocharging with air-to-air intercooler
• 11-liter diesel engine
• Good torque at low revs delivers fast acceleration
• Low fuel consumption via wide rev range & high thermal efficiency
• Maximum torque within a wide rev range
• Electronically controlled cooling fan reduces losses
• Available with optional UD Extra Engine Brake
• Turbocharging with air-to-air intercooler
• Engine driven power take-off with high torque output of maximum 650 Nm
• Low noise and vibration when idling
• ESCOT-E automated manual transmission
Cruise control reduces driver workload on longer journeys and helps to reduce fuel consumption by maintaining a constant speed.
New Quester features an e-viscous fan, which improves efficiency of the cooling system, increasing engine performance and enhancing engine fuel economy by reducing friction with cooling fan.
New Quester's aerodynamic cab is designed for increased fuel efficiency at highway speeds. The cab's optional roof deflector reduces coefficient of drag by 5%.
New Quester Features