A fast responding automated manual transmission that has built-in intelligence.
Quickly and automatically choosing the right gear at all times.
How does it work?
• ESCOT automated manual transmission features a non-synchromesh manual gearbox that has an electronically regulated pneumatic gear changing system and an automatic clutch.
• The secret of seamless gear changes lies in the intelligent electronic control unit, controlling the pneumatic system that handles the clutch and shifts.
• By constantly receiving information about speed, acceleration, weight, road condition, torque demand and more, ESCOT can carry out every shift with extreme precision.
• It also communicates closely with the engine to adjust revs and engine brake effect for fast, comfortable, fuel efficient gear shifts.
ESCOT & New Quester GH11E engine - a winning formula for increased fuel efficiency.
Engines deliver high torque and pulling power at low RPMs, while flat torque curve minimizes need for gear changing. Meaning higher average speeds and lower fuel consumption in the long run.
1. 8-liter diesel engine
2. Low operating cost via reduced maintenance and long service intervals
3. Turbocharging with air-to-air intercooler
• 11-liter diesel engine
• Good torque at low revs delivers fast acceleration
• Low fuel consumption via wide rev range & high thermal efficiency
• Maximum torque within a wide rev range
• Electronically controlled cooling fan reduces losses
• Available with UD Extra Engine Brake
• Turbocharging with air-to-air inter-cooler
• Engine driven power take-off with high torque output of maximum 650 Nm
• Low noise and vibration when idling
• ESCOT automated manual transmission
New Quester features an e-viscous fan, which improves efficiency of the cooling system, increasing engine performance and enhancing engine fuel economy by reducing friction with cooling fan.
New Quester's aerodynamic cab is designed for increased fuel efficiency at highway speeds. Air foil available as an option.
New Quester Features