The top 5 ways telematics can help your bottom line
Wednesday, 14 September 2016 | Print
A recent introduction to the world of transport and trucking has been that of telematics. Telematics enables you to have greater access to important information - ultimately helping you to run your business more efficiently and to get more out of your truck.
Fleet Max Plus, the UD Trucks telematics offering, reports from your vehicles 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
But what to do with all that data once you have it? Here are the top 5 ways telematics can help your bottom line.
- Fuel savings – telematics on your fleet could help you reduce your fuel costs from 5-15% a year. A good telematics system will monitor things like idling time, speeding, harsh acceleration and breaking, giving you areas of improvement to help your drivers lower their fuel costs.
- Competitive advantage – telematics or fleet tracking can help you deliver a better service to your end customer. You can track your trucks and therefore your customer’s goods in real time, provide more accurate billing and deliver an overall better customer service, giving you an edge over your competitors.
- Driver performance and safety – telematics monitors your driver’s performance, and can help keep them safe through automated panic alerts and driving style data, which identifies driving violations or areas to help them improve.
- Optimised routing – 24/7 GPS tracking allows you to set the most efficient route
for your fleet, and to ensure your drivers stick to it. You can set
geofencing to alert you when a truck enters or leaves a specific area,
and you can see where any truck is at any given time.
- Improved security – Real-time vehicle monitoring via the web means that
should your vehicle ever be stolen, you can locate your assets easily
for recovery. You can also monitor any unauthorised use of vehicles and
Right now Fleet Max Plus comes complimentary across all new UD Trucks, with access to 12 months of free data.
If you don’t have a brand new truck, Fleet Max Plus can also be retrofitted to existing selected UD Trucks.
You can find out more about UD Telematics here, and for a demonstration contact us.