Dual monitoring with millimeter-wave radar and camera dramatically improves detection of the vehicle ahead. The AEBS01 series represents our early compliance with requirements for strengthened braking to reduce collision damage, ahead of scheduled implementation in November 2019.
1. Uses both millimeter-wave radar and camera to monitor conditions in front of the truck.
2. While driving, if the possibility of collision with the vehicle ahead is detected, the driver is quickly notified with a warning indicator and an alarm.
3. If the vehicle reaches a distance where collision is possible, the brakes are applied quickly to reduce any damage due to collision.
* The Traffic Eye Brake System provides assistance for safe driving. However, it does not guarantee that all collisions will be avoided. It might not be possible to use this system in some road, vehicle, and weather conditions. Please take care to drive safely without relying on this system.
The camera installed inside the cab recognizes the positional relationships between traffic lanes and vehicles, and estimates driver awareness based on steering irregularities. If the driver's concentration drops, a two-step alarm and warning message on the multi-display alert the driver and suggest a break.
The cab camera detects the traffic lanes to the left and right. If the driver unintentionally leaves the lane at speeds of 60 km/h or more, an alarm sounds and an indicator flashes. This function is not triggered by the brakes or turn indicators.
* This function is not triggered if the brakes and direction indicators are being used.
If the UDSC sensor detects conditions in which the truck could become unstable, such as curves or slippery road surfaces, the system applies control appropriate to engine output and braking power to each tire to maintain stability. UDSC is available on all models.
Long-lasting LED low-beam lamps provide bright, clear light to improve night visibility for safe driving
An extended grip and two-step entry/exit provide additional driver safety. Cab floor height has also been lowered to improve forward visibility.
Disc brakes with high heat dissipation and superior fade resistance provide reliable braking performance even on long descents while hauling cargo. In addition, because they are less susceptible to water penetration, they provide stable braking performance even in adverse conditions. They respond quickly and smoothly to the operation of the brake pedal and reduce the impact of braking, to prevent damage to your valuable cargo.
The SAFES CABIN consists of a highly rigid cab loaded with safety features. Collision impact is redirected to the rear, and side-door beams improve safety by enhancing interior strength.
Injury-reducing features include seat belts with pre-tensioners, SRS airbags, and impact-absorbing steering wheel and column. Under-run protection (front and rear) reduce damage to other vehicles and their drivers.