For full Warranty terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, see the UD Warranty Booklet.
Warranty coverages commence from the delivery date stated on the “Warranty Certificate / Registration Form” contained in the UD Warranty Booklet, until “whichever occurs first” months or kilometres.
Includes parts and labour costs to repair or replace defective Quon cab / chassis components only.
Driveline Coverage - Major Components
Includes parts and labour costs to repair or replace defective major components in the engine, gearbox and final drive.
What is not covered
Examples of excluded items which are either part of normal maintenance or wear & tear include:
• Oil, fuel, air, coolant and air-conditioner filters, drive belts, lubricants, bulbs, fuses, wiper blades, hoses, glass.
Examples of excluded adjustments which are part of normal maintenance include:
• Engine valves, wheel and axle alignments, trailer brake valve and tightening of hoses, pipes and bolts.
Examples of wear and tear items include:
• Brake discs and pads, clutch plates / linings, clutch packs.
Bearings, synchronisers, shock absorbers, bushings, shock
absorber rubbers, kingpins, oil seals, universal joints, shackle
pins, upholstery, glass, mud flaps, towing couplings, trailer
Warranty does not cover the following items:
• Alterations not approved by UD Trucks.
• Any vehicle component, replacement spare part which has been subject to misuse, negligence, improper installation, accident or any service or repair not conducted in accordance with the UD Trucks Preventative Maintenance / Service Plan [or any other applicable manual].
• Failure to apply UD Trucks recommended lubrication / maintenance intervals in accordance with Owner’s Manual.
• Consequential, indirect or incidental expenses incurred as a result of defects in manufacturer’s material / workmanship.
• Normal deterioration of paint, soft trim and appearance items due to wear and exposure.
• Tyres – these have a separate warranty covered by the tyre manufacturer.
• Normal noise and vibration.
Warranty does not cover damage / failures / corrosion resulting from the following:
• Accident, theft, fire, vehicle overload or misuse.
• Use of improper / contaminated fluids, coolants or lubricants.
• Failure to follow schedule maintenance services.
• Use of parts other than genuine UD Trucks parts.
• Environmental conditions, acts of God and other events beyond the control of UD Trucks such as wind storm, hail, stone damage, floods or lightning.
• Failure to follow instructions for AdBlue use, storage and handling as described in drivers instruction booklet.
Note: ** Whichever occurs first – months / kilometres.
If maintenance components do not meet UD Trucks specifications, the necessary replacement, repair or adjustment will be made without charge if rectified within 120 days or 50,000 kms**, and vibrations within 6 weeks or 15,000 kms** from date of delivery.
The vehicle must be maintained as outlined in the UD Trucks Preventative Maintenance / Service Plan for the standard and Driveline Warranties to remain valid.
UD Trucks warranty cannot support claims for any components that are not maintained and/or neglected.
All coolants, oils and filters and other consumables used must meet UD Trucks specifications.
For the standard & Driveline Warranties to remain valid mandatory warranty services, inspections, downloads, oil sampling and repairs must be completed “prior” to the expiry dates and/or distances detailed.
• 12 months / Unlimited kms from date of purchase, or
• 24 months / 500,000 kms for driveline components if part is installed by authorised UD Trucks dealer.
If part is purchased over the counter from an authorised UD Trucks dealer and a warrantable failure occurs, UD Trucks will cover cost of failed part.
If authorised UD Trucks dealer installed the part and a warrantable failure occurs the part and labour for replacement will be covered including any genuine UD components that are a consequence of this failure.
Towing and Roadside Assist
Towing and Roadside Assist coverage (trailers not included) is provided to the closest authorised UD Dealer or repairer from:
• 12 months / unlimited kms
• 13-24 months / 500,000 kms** on listed driveline components.
Cab Structure and Corrosion
Cab structure and corrosion coverage from:
• 0-36 months / Unlimited kms
Note: Paintwork on the cab and chassis is covered for 12 months only from the warranty start date.
If the truck is sold into the same application or segment category, the balance of the warranty can be transferred at no cost.
If sold into a different application or segment category, some or all of the warranty may be valid.
Please contact your local UD Trucks Dealer.
|The benefits conferred by the UD Truck Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available under the Australian Consumer Law. Please refer to the UD Truck
Warranty Booklet for further warranty coverage clarification and information.