UD Trucks not only endeavors to ensure the security and maneuverability at the technical level, but cares for the driving safety of drivers, especially in the matter of vision. During long drives your eyes can become strained, decreasing the accuracy of your vision and your vigilance. UD Trucks highly recommends this short exercise inspired from Chinese traditional medicine, you’ll be able to relax and refresh your eyes to ensure optimum vision during long days or nights on the road.Massage the acupuncture points around your eyes to relax them and improve your vision. You can do the following eye exercises after meals, during a pit stop, or as often as you like.
As you massage the acupuncture points be aware of how it feels. When a pressure point feels tender it means you have found the right spot.
Massage the “Yuyao” points
- Identify the two “Yuyao” points located at base of the curve of your eyebrows.
- Press your thumbs against the two points in a circular movement for a count of 8 beats per cycle. Repeat for 8 cycles.
Massage the “Zanzhu” points
- Identify the “Zanzhu” points located on both sides of the top of your nose.
- Using either your right or left hand, place your thumb and index finger on the points. Press downwards and massage upwards to a count of 8 beats per cycle. Repeat for 8 cycles.
Massage the “Shibai” points
- Identify the “Shibai” points on your cheeks by dropping a vertical line from the pupils of your eyes and a horizontal line from the sides of your nose. Where these two lines intersect is where the “Shibai” point is.
- Press your index fingers on the “Shibai” points and support your thumbs on your jaws with the remaining middle, ring and little fingers on both sides of your chin. Massage the points in a circular movement to a count of 8 beats per cycle. Repeat for 8 cycles.
Massage the “Taiyang” points
- Identify the “Taiyang” points which are located at the most hollow areas of your temples and massage around the eye sockets
- Press on the “Taiyang” points with your thumbs and flex the remaining fingers into a fist position.
- Use the knuckles of your index fingers to slide over the upper eye sockets for the first 4 beats, and continue to do similarly over the lower eye sockets for the second 4 beats of each cycle. Repeat for 8 cycles.
When you have completed the four-stage eye exercise regime, look into the distance for a few seconds to ensure total relaxation of your eye muscles. Now you are ready to start driving, with refreshed, relaxed eyes!
Keep your eyes on Roads magazine for more driving tips.
The Roads team would like to hear from UD truckers around the world! Send us your tips from your roads! Write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org